Help / FAQ
NEWS / PRESS RELEASES
DSS STROKER KITS
ENGINE REBUILD KITS
FORD SHORT & LONGBLOCKS
BALANCERS & FLYWHEELS
MAIN SUPPORT SYSTEMS
FORD OILING SYSTEMS
HARDWARE / FASTENERS
DSS Racing Magazine Articles
About DSS Racing
DSS RACING VIDEOS
SHOP BY ENGINE TYPE
Check us out
on Face book
Join our mailing list!
Dart Sportsman Ford small block
8.200" (302 Mains)
9.500" (2.750" Mains)
Block Machining Options
Full CNC race preperation of a 4 bolt aftermarket block. [Add $750.00]Includes align honing of the mains, boring and multi stage torque plate honing of the cylinders, finishing of the lifter bores, installation of coated premium cam bearings, deck dowels, trans dowels, an oil filter adapter and is painted gloss black. Contact a sales rep for your bore requirements and other options.
Dart Iron Eagle Sportsman blocks for small block Ford engines are powerful, competition blocks that offer racers the features they need while remaining affordable.
- Siamesed cylinders: Standard 4.000" or 4.125" cylinders can be safely bored to 4.165" diameter. Ductile iron sleeves and extra thick walls prevent cracking and produce excellent ring seal.
- Multiple deck heights allow for increased displacements of up to 468 cubic inches.
- Scalloped outer water jacket walls improve coolant flow around the cylinder barrels to prevent detonation, extend engine life and produce consistent cylinder temperatures.
- Ductile iron front and rear 2 bolt main caps with 4 bolt interior main caps. Rear cap uses standard one piece seal.
- Two main bearing diameters 302 (2.249") or 351C (2.749") allow choice of small or large journal camshaft.
- Stock components make Dart blocks a direct replacement for most production small blocks. Provisions for stock motor mounts, accessory drives, smog pumps, starter brackets, oil pans and pumps.
- Upgraded oiling system has a complete stock type system plus a low restriction priority main oiling system with front and rear external oil pump feeds.
- Dual crossovers allow oil flow to be metered with restrictors for roller lifter cams and/or rocker roller arms to reduce oil flow and windage.
- Reinforced head bolt bosses are blind tapped to prevent leaks and produce accurate torque readings. Extra thick decks prevent head gasket leaks.
- Standard camshaft and camshaft drive can be used. Lifter valley has bosses for production hydraulic roller lifters.
Become an Affiliate